Monday, October 10, 2011

Clothing

Clothing brands and stores are something I feel very strongly about. I've never understood why people are willing to pay over twice the price for something just for the little logo embroidered somewhere on the article of clothing. 

Example A:

These jeans are $22.99
 these jeans are $59.63



Now, maybe I am crazy but I see very little difference is these two pairs of jeans. In fact, I like the jeans on the right better!


Example B: 
  
This sweater is $19.99
This sweater is $49.50 

Both sweaters are really cute! I do realize the one on the right is going to fit better, and hold up better but is it really worth more than twice as much?!

Example C:
These socks are $21.99
These socks are $8.00


Socks make me really angry! I can't justify spending tons of money on socks when I know I am just going to lose them before too long! 

Although I could continue to find many more examples, I think I shall stop there.


 So why do people spend so much more for "brand names". Yes, they are better quality and will last longer but with things that are going to go out of style, get lost or you just won't like anymore what's the point?! I think many teenagers spend the extra money because they feel good seeing the little seagull birdie things, moose's, and capital letter "A"s filling their closet. Nor are they the one's buying all of these overpriced items of clothing. I for one am so proud to say that I have owned one pair of shoes from American Eagle (which were a gift) and nothing else from there. I have never bought a single thing from Hollister or Abercrombie and Fitch, nor do I ever plan to!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I would definitely prefer shopping at Target over any of those other crazy expensive stores. I think it's awesome you think this way, especially in high school! I definitely wanted all of the Abercrombie goods I could get my hands on. But why? It was pointless. Well spoken, sister!

    ReplyDelete